WESTERN and CENTRAL REGION, KENYA
UP TO 6 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are a natural entrepreneurial pharmaceutical technologist who loves working with people, creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, this could be the job for you.
Please Note: To be qualified for this position you must be registered at the Pharmacy and Poisons Board (please include your registration number in your CV) and have your pharmaceutical license available for use.
Responsibilities for Assistant Branch Managers / Branch Managers
• Motivate agents to meet health targets.
• Achieve health impact goals.
• Ensure all agents know and follow health protocols (esp. diagnosis and treatment).
• Support agents in learning and using correctly the health-centered Android apps.
• Provide as needed professional advice and training on dispensing, handling and management of drugs and pharmaceuticals to branch staff and to CHPs
• Manage the premises registration with the PPB
• Monitor drugs handed out, respond to queries from CHPs and address drug reactions if and when they occur
• Represent the branch in pharmaceuticals fora in the county
• Manage the branch pharmacy and ensure that all protocols pertaining to; storage, labeling, tracking, recall and recording are adhered to.
• Allow access and accompany authorized officers as per the provision of Cap 244 to carry out inspections and respond to any concerns that may arise.
• Motivate agents to meet sales targets. Work to support strong performers, to increase effectiveness of medium performers, and increase or remove poor performers.
• Achieve sales targets
• Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support CHP sales goals.
• Manage credit: deposit, timely repayments, rigorous reporting.
• Lead monthly meeting of agents.
Field and Branch Support / Management
• Recruit, train and manage Community Health Promoters.
• Support agents in learning and using correctly their smartphones
• Contribute to / Manage branch operations.
• Manage inventory: Ensure no stock-outs and ensure management on First In/First Out basis.
• Manage financial operations, ensuring the books balance; cash matches sales daily.
• Build strong community relations.
• For Branch Managers only – manage branch team members, ensuring performance
• For Branch Managers only – manage operations to keep costs as low as possible.
• Certificate in Pharmaceutical Technology required (NOTE: must be registered with Pharmacy and Poison Board) and have your license available for use.
• Diploma in Business or Health related areas; Bachelor of Arts welcome.
• Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in health/community related work.
• Management experience a must.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
• Ability and willingness to work extensively in the field.
• Ability to interact with community elders, Community Health Promoters and clients.
• Exceptional natural leader with strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
• Luhya, Luo, Kiswahili speaking added advantage.
• Proficiency with Ms-Word and Excel and general computer proficiency.
Flexible and willing to travel across Kenya and stay for some nights up-country.
We offer an attractive salary package, plus health insurance and the opportunity to enter an exciting career path within a fast and growing mission driven team.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position being applied for on the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.