If you are naturally entrepreneurial and are a pharmaceutical technologist with procurement experience who loves working with people, creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, this is the job for you. Please
Note: To be qualified for this position you must be registered at the Pharmacy and Poisons Board (please include your registration number in your CV) and have your pharmaceutical license available for use.
• Manage the procurement of medicines and other health items for the organization , including:
o Strategic supply chain relationship management and procurement processing to ensure the organization gets the best product costs and quality
o Management of pharmaceutical products including supporting procurement planning, keeping branches 100% in stock and conducting quality checks
o Supporting identification of new or improved health products.
• Provide technical support and training in dispensing, handling and management of drugs and pharmaceuticals to the organization branch staff.
• Ensure all the organization’s premises comply with PPB licensing requirements and manage the registration process with the PPB.
• Manage the HQ medicine warehouse and ensure that all protocols pertaining to; storage, labeling, tracking, recall and recording.
• Coordinate the testing of all Kenyan and Ugandan pharmaceuticals through a local laboratory.
• Represent the organization in pharmaceutical forums as required.
• Certificate in Pharmaceutical Technology required (NOTE: must be registered with Pharmacy and Poison Board and have your license available for use).
• Has worked under supervision of another qualified superintendent (pharmacist or pharmaceutical technologist) for at least six years
• At least 3 years of procurement experience (medicine or otherwise)
• Excellent supplier management, negotiating and influencing skills
• Strong computer literacy, particularly with Excel and data analysis
• Business training added advantage
• Team player with drive for results.
• Ability and willingness to work in the field as needed.
• Ability to test new innovations and learn fast..
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
An attractive salary package is offered, plus health insurance and the opportunity to enter an exciting career path within a fast and growing mission driven team.